Summer is the season of weddings, showers (baby and wedding) and vacations. These are all great fun but they take time and energy and can leave you feeling not so motivated to work on your business.
It can be easy to get swept away in the excuse of not having the time to focus on your business…which can lead to deciding that summer is not the right time to get started so you should wait until fall when things settle down. And then fall rolls around you are busy with your kids heading back to school and football season. And then it is Thanksgiving and the Holidays…and before you know it, the next summer rolls around and you are still waiting for the RIGHT time to start your business.
Does this sound familiar?
What do you want your business and life to look like in a year?
When you decided to become a health coach, you thought you would finish your training and feel 100% ready to put yourself out there and start your coaching business, right?
Only in reality, when it came time to launch your business you were left feeling fearful and far from ready.
And then the doubts start to creep in:
- Am I meant to do this?
- Do I really want to be a coach?
- Do I have what it takes to be successful?
- What if people don’t get the results they want?
- Will people think I am a fraud?
- How can I possibly leave the stability of my full time job with benefits? My friends and family will think I took a ride on the crazy train.
- What if I fail?
- Who do I think I am to go after my dream job?
Fear is powerful and it is the number one thing that stops us from going after our dreams and creating a business and life we love.
The thing about fear is that it is sneaky and likes to pop up in unexpected ways, such as:
- Excuses as to why NOW is not a good time to start your business
- Choosing the approval of others over choosing to follow your heart
- Believing your business and dreams are not worth investing in
- Thinking that you must be making money from your business BEFORE you can invest in learning how to run a successful business
- Believing that you have to do and figure everything out on your own (and that you can only use free resources….hello 500 free ebooks and webinars that leave you feeling totally overwhelmed)
- Perfectionism: Never really getting started because you are forever perfecting your website, copy, blog, newsletter, etc
- Analysis Paralysis: You can’t figure out who your ideal client is or what you should call yourself or what your ‘elevator pitch’ is and you spend weeks tormenting yourself and staying stuck because you MUST figure this out before you move forward
I have experienced each and every one of these sneaky limiting beliefs and behaviors. Even though I knew I wanted to be a coach years ago, I kept following a path that wasn’t aligned with my true calling because I was doing what I ‘should’ be doing. I let fear of judgment and uncertainty run my life.
Finally, I decided I was done living in fear and was ready to live on purpose and follow my heart. I invested in my first coach and haven’t looked back! I learned how to break through my fears and create the successful coaching business I always dreamed of.
Clarity and an action plan are absolutely necessary to creating a successful business. And there is no better way to learn how to do this than from someone who is already doing it.
I want your business to be successful so you can live a life you love AND so you can help all those people out there who are just waiting for your support and guidance on their wellness journey.
I invite you to schedule a complementary session with me where we will get clear on your desires for your life and business and talk about how I can help you break through your fears and create a business you love!